Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Kali Sarakosti!

O Lord save Your people and bless Your inheritance, grant victory to the Faithful against the adversaries of the Faith, and protect Your people by the power of Your Cross.
Hello blog-world! As I continue my Lenten journey I decided it might be a good idea to post and ponder some highlights from my spiritual readings. I would love to share this experience with others and if you are reading my blog and would like to add your thoughts or meditations about any quotes, passages, hymns, etc. that I've posted please feel free to comment!

It seems that a recurring theme for me this Great Lent is the Cross and all that it entails. Because of this, I thought it appropriate to begin my blog with the Troparion for the Elevation of the Holy Cross and in this way ask for Christ's special protection and blessing for my blog through the power of His Precious Cross. At least for now, and maybe even through the rest of Great Lent, I will try to stick to this theme of the Cross as often as I come across it during this period of prayer and repentance.

No comments:

Post a Comment